The University of Porto and Santander Universidades will offer 25 tickets to participate in the European Innovation Academy 2019 (EIA 2019), an international entrepreneurship summer school that gathers on the same place students from more than 40 nationalities and 60 countries. The event will take place in Portugal, more precisely in Cascais, between July 14 and August 2.
Aimed at all students from the best American, Asian and European universities, the EIA is an immersive entrepreneurship program whose goal is to offer an experiential learning experience to help participants scale up their business ideas. Besides being a very practical experience in the logic of "learning-by-doing", it will also be an excellent opportunity to showcase projects to potential investors present at the event.
Throughout the period of three weeks of intensive work the participants will be collaborating in multidisciplinary teams (in that way enhancing the exchange of skills). The trainings of each week will follow a theme, with "Ideation & Formation" being the first. The following weeks will talk about "Prototype and Growth Hacking" and "Finding Users and Pitching". Experts from Amazon, Airbnb, Google are just some of the program speakers and mentors at your reach.
Who can apply?
The program is intended to any student (also international) who have an active link with the University of Porto (valid frequency in any cycle of studies). All registrations are worth 1899 euros and will be granted by U.Porto and Santander Universidades. Please note that accommodation expenses (3 weeks in Cascais or nearby area), transport and all meals shall be covered by the participant. Also, the organization adds that no kind of money transfer will take place. The 1899€ refers to the scholarships worth’s, meaning the event’s registration fee and the access to its activities.
Application period will open between March 25 and April 20 and all applications shall be submitted at the Santander X platform.Those interested in applying must register on the platform to be able to access the call and be eligible.
Step by step:
1. Go to Santander X and create your profile. You will receive an email requiring your confirmation
2. After the confirmation of your profile, acess U.Porto Innovation's call for European Innovation Academy;
3. Click on "Sign me up" and fill out the form. If you experience any issue during the registration process please contact Sara Fidalgo (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Maie Peetri (email@example.com)
4. All done!
U.Porto Innovation, the knowledge transfer office of the University of Porto has established a partnership with the European Innovation Academy and will be the entity responsible for selecting the participants and granting the scholarships.
Some important notes about the selection:
- The selected applicants will be asked to pay a caution fee of € 50 as participation guarantee. Part of the amount will be returned;
- Housing, transport and food expenses are not included in the scholarship.
- One of the selection criteria is the diversified involvement of the Faculties, aiming to guarantee the representativeness of the largest possible number of organic units of the University of Porto.
If you need any help finding accomodation in Cascais, please contact Susana Fonseca firstname.lastname@example.org
This initiative is powered by Santander Universidades.
This initiative has the support of Santander Universities.