UPinTECH Training opportunities at U.Porto Inovação: The programme provides paid part-time internships to work in technology transfer. There are many calls troughout the year, aiming at University of Porto post-graduate students. The main goal of the programme is to put interns in direct contact with the process of technology commercialisation and the management of intellectual property (IP), having the opportunity to interact with inventors and companies. UPinTECH interns also acquire skills in development, commercialisation and licensing of technologies, IP rights, development of business ideas and liaison activities with the business world.
PREREQUISITES AND APPLICATIONS:
- Masters/Doctorate/Research scholarship in one of the following areas: Physical Sciences, Life Sciences, Economics, Engineering, Management or IT (Information Technology); MBAs;
- Fluent English;
(The selection process is based on a CV and motivation letter evaluation, as well as an in-person interview. Priority is given to candidates with U.Porto affiliation)
WHAT IS EXPECTED OF UPinTECH INTERNS?
1. Observe technology transfer processes, namely:
- Management of invention disclosures.
- Evaluation and screening of technologies.
- Marketing of technologies
- Negotiation of technologies
2. Evaluation of new inventions and management of the following technology transfer (TT) processes):
- Debate with researchers from the U.Porto Faculties;
- Evaluation of inventions;
- Analysis of the state of the art and market potential of inventions;
- Identification of potential licensing agreements;
- Support the technology manager (U.Porto innovation staff) in marketing the inventions.
Internships are paid (€8 per hour) and follow a part-time schedule of 8 hours per week. The schedule is flexible, according to the availability of the intern. It has a minimum duration of 3 months, which may be extended to 6 months. Every new intern has access to his or her own office space, computer with internet and a U.Porto email account. The UPinTECH interns are accompanied and supervised by staff members and also have the opportunity to attend workshops and training sessions related to IP rights and TT.
Those interested should send their CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, addressed to the U.Porto Innovation coordinator, André Fernandes. The subject of the message should be "UPinTECH Programme".