U.Porto Innovation opens a call for the UPinTECH programme. This programme offers paid part-time positions to University of Porto community. Members of UPinTECH programme will collaborate with U.Porto Innovation team in the protection and commercialization of U.Porto research results. In this call we are specifically looking for University of Porto students and researchers to work in the following areas: Health and Manufacturing.
- Fluent English, written and spoken;
- Scientific and technical ability to interpret and analyse scientific and technological results;
- Analytical mind and able to appreciate and evaluate the originality of an invention;
- Patience and ability to pay careful attention to detail in searching and analyzing patents;
- Good ability to write clear and detailed reports;
- Experience in searching in scientific publications and patent databases as well as in using patentability analysis tools is an advantage in the selection process;
Requisites for the area of Health:
U.Porto master student or PhD student or researcher in the following scientific areas: Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, Bioengineering, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Biochemistry, Medicine;
Requisites for the area of Manufacturing:
U.Porto master student or PhD student or researcher in the following scientific areas: Information Science, Data Science, Computer Science, Physical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering and Management, Software Engineering, or Electrical and Computer Engineering.
This call is open until 21st november.Those interested should send an email in English with the subject "Call UPinTECH Programme" to firstname.lastname@example.org, including in attachment their CV (in PT or EN) and mentioning the area they apply for: Health or Manufacturing. The selection process is done through CV evaluation and, if necessary, an interview.
Since the UPinTECH program was launched, more than 50 people have taken advantage of the opportunity to collaborate with U.Porto Inovação, learning about technology transfer, supporting entrepreneurship and other areas. You can learn more about the trajectory of some of "our" UPinTECHs, here.
The present edition of UPinTECH programme has the support of INVENTHEI, a European project funded by EIT – European Institute of Innovation and Technology.